"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28: 19-20
Michael and his wife Lori met at Oklahoma Christian University, and were married in 1985. They came to South Main in the Fall of 2011.
Michael has a Master's degree from Harding Graduate School, and has worked previously in
youth and family ministry before entering full time preaching almost 30
Lori has a degree in Medical Anatomy and teaches part time. Michael and Lori have three sons and two wonderful daughters-in-law: Jonathan and Haley (Oklahoma City); Kyler and Lyndee (Fort Collins, CO); a grandson--Jordy; and their youngest son Jason who is in the 7th Grade.
Favorite Scripture – For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. -Galatians 5:13
We are blessed to have Marty leading our Youth Ministry (6th – 12th grades) here at South Main. With over 20 years in youth and college ministry, he brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience.
He leads students in classes twice-weekly, and provides insightful devotionals, fun fellowship events, summer camps and mission trips. Marty does a tremendous job developing our students into young adults that love and share Jesus with the world around them, helping them grow into faith-filled leaders.
Becky has served South Main Church of Christ as the Director of Children’s Ministry for just over two years. She leads all children’s ministries, from newborn babies through 5th graders.
Becky has been married for 38 years to Reid and they have three adult daughters.
She was previously on staff at Weatherford Christian School teaching Pre-Kindergarten for 14 years. She enjoys teaching bible class and leading children’s worship. Her goal is to help children comprehend the length and width and height and depth of the love of Christ as found in Ephesians 3:18.
South Main Church of Christ exists
to honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
- Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
- Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
- Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength and with all our mind
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Conventional Worship: heartfelt, reflective, uplifting
- Small Groups: for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families: along with strong youth and children's ministries
- Empowering Leadership